Sunday, July 18, 2010

outcast with class

outcast with class

it seems simple to be a teenager in this day and age but the truth is its actually very hard. you feel constant pressure to be someone you’re not and even if you overcome that pressure you re looked upon as an outcast. my whole like I have felt like an outcast, I don’t truly belong to any one group and I never have had a group I’ve hung out with more than others. I can simply be called an outcast but I like to think of myself as an outcast with class for while I am an outcast I also have many groups I am welcome in, the colorgaurd groups are good friends of mine, I know a few and the ones I don’t know seem more than happy to allow anyone to be around the band kids know me well and I’ve grown up with a good half of them, though I don’t always feel as welcome, perhaps that is simply because I have always been jealous of those who can play an instrument any kind at all. I have friends who are jocks and punks, those who are lesbians and gay, I have friends who are preps and emo and that as just a fraction. more than anything if you need something done, anything at all the likelihood is I know someone who can do it. I have friends who can knit you a scarf sew up your pant leg if its ripped, I have friends who can teach you math science English w/e you need, if you need to learn new tongue, those are just the simple things, I have a friend who does piercings and friends who can hack a computer anything and everything I know someone who can do it. the fact of the matter is that I have friends who are from every social standing because if I didn't I would miss out of everything. if I belonged to a certain group I wouldn't get to know everyone and who they are, which is why I’m proud to call myself an outcast with class.

2 comments: